Monday, June 14, 2010

Today is the Day!

How amazing it was to be laying in bed this morning, feeling baby kick and move (her usual 6 am wake up time) and know that in just a few hours I will meet her face to face. It just reminded me how much a miracle each and every baby is. Everyone has awe-inspiring stories, wonderful testimonies of God's hand in bringing their baby in the world. Our 2nd will be today and we can't wait for it all to unfold and share it with everyone. We truly believe everything is as it should be and we can't wait for this afternoon to come!

My nerves are a little on the jumpy side of course. I have a total peace about everything but I can't stop that exciting, fluttering of the heart when I think about the day ahead. I knew last night would be a little long but having my family here helped a lot. Our parents arrived around 2:30 yesterday afternoon. We visited, talked about baby and re-lived Lowery's birth (reviewing pictures) until around 6, then headed to Outback for my "last meal." I thought a good salad, bread and steak would be a solid all around choice to get me through - since I won't have anything to eat all day today I needed some good protein to help me out. In hindsight I guess I should have pushed for Bob's or Ruth's Chris - I could only dream of Doe's or Sandbar. But Outback sufficed fine and it was a good meal.

We came back here to the house and decided a hot game of trivial pursuit would be the perfect way t0 keep my mind from getting too anxious. It was a great idea, we had lots of laughs and learned a little bit in the process. It was guys against girls - every one one of us pulled out impressive answers at one point or another, I must say. But in the end the guys prevailed (won on some lame question about the 12 Days of Christmas song - who doesn't know what the ladies are doing in that one?) and it was good because it was a long game. We turned on the Arkansas baseball game late but decided we couldn't take another heartbreaker of watching it until 1 am only to lose in a horrible way (which would then require us to lose more sleep because of laying awake fuming about it for a while). After getting up this morning and reading about how it ended it looks like we made a good choice. Lowery had a good night as well - Mom brought her a Littlest Pet Shop care center and that kept her busy and entertained all evening and her "wildness" to a minimum.

I didn't know if I would sleep but actually did pretty well from about 1 - 5 so at least I've had some. I have to take medicine this morning and then maybe I will snooze a little more before we really get going. 1:00 will be here before we know it! I have had such a wonderful time this morning, in the quiet hours with the sun coming up just praying and thanking God in advance of what will happen today. I am excited, over-come with anticipation and have a huge sense of relief knowing that in a few hours baby girl will be finally be here.

This will be the last post I author for a while, Steve will be taking over this afternoon. Gone will be the flowery words and rambling narrative with details. Instead the style will change to: "Baby is born. Everything okay. She looks like me. April had a real easy time" you know, the man version of events. Kidding, Steve's actually better at this than me :) He will likely use Facebook to let everyone know exactly when she gets here since he won't really have access to a computer to post pictures and real information until we get settled into a room after recovery. But we will keep everyone updated as best we can. And, yes, that includes the decision on the name... Love you all, see you on the other side of baby!!

2 comments:

The Black's said...

Follwing your blog today! Can't wait for the post announcing her arrival! Love ya!

Erin said...

I can't wait to hear the big news!! You're gonna do great!! I'll be praying all afternoon!