Sunday, June 13, 2010

Last Day of Three

It is so bizarre, knowing that in about 24 hours our little family of three will be changed forever. How exciting! It's just that it's been so long with just myself, Steve and Lowery - we are so settled in our routines. Lowery is so independent these days and we just have the best time together. I keep trying my best to visualize how this little baby is going to impact things but I simply cannot. It blows my mind.

See, to most of you it's a change you can somewhat envision. But you have to remember that Steve and I are both only children. Our parents only had one child each and Lowery has been the only grandchild. That's a way of life for all of us and it's always been that way. Honestly none of us know what this is going to be like. We don't have any idea of how this sibling thing is going to work.

Most days I'm so thrilled to fulfill my dream of giving Lowery a sister. I pray, and know because God has given us this gift, that they will have a special and wonderful life-long friendship. Then I think about diapers, bottle, baby food - POTTY TRAINING and think I'm absolutely nuts to be starting over at this point. But that's the beauty of it. It's not like I planned or thought and it's still (even a day before delivery) such a foreign concept to me. It's not going to be easy or comfortable. But God has a plan and I know his timing is perfect - and that Steve and I can do anything with His strength.

So here we go! I always said when I was pregnant with Lowery that I hoped I wasn't induced because how do you possibly sleep the night before you know your life is going to change forever? But with her I was in the hospital and they gave me a nice little gift called Ambien - and that's the last wonderful night of sleep I had for a very long time. Tonight I'm cold turkey, just me and my faith to get me through. I have a tremendous peace about tomorrow. I mean no one looks forward to surgery and a c-section and all that goes with it (any more than labor) and it's the unknown since Lowery's birth was different. But I know every detailed is covered, already divinely chosen and arranged so now all I have to do is sit back and let the miracle unfold. Looking so forward to sharing the events of the day with everyone tomorrow. Stay tuned. We head to the hospital around 1pm tomorrow afternoon so be looking for updates after that!

No comments: