Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Six More Days, Nine Pounds

Finally, there's a plan in place for baby's arrival! I had a sonogram today and baby girl is weighing in right around 9 pounds, 8 pounds 15 ounces to be exact. I'm hoping the whole "give or take a 1/2 pd" ultrasound rule is in place here - but whether or not she is exactly 9, there's no denying that she's fat and happy (based on her pictures and activities inside the womb today). Everything looks great and baby seems perfectly content where she is.

I was still at a 2, but due to her size and other factors my doctor doesn't want to wait much longer. So Monday is the day. Maybe my cervix will make some progress and who knows, she may decide to make a debut on her own before then. I will make a big effort to try and avoid Baskin Robbins over the next few days and maybe she won't tumble over the 9 pound mark for her official weigh-in on Monday.

I can't believe it's finally time. To be honest, last night I was at my breaking point. After a long day of dance recital with Lowery, my stress level, ankle size and back/hip pain hit an all time high (although big sister was precious and it was all worth it - I will post pictures soon). But just having a plan today makes all of the difference. I still am praying that I might go on my own before Monday, but I really feel God has directed everything exactly how it should be - and being able to see the end in sight makes me feel SO much better (and the miserable nights tolerable). Everyone mark your calendars, June 14th is baby's birthday and the countdown is finally on!

1 comment:

The Black's said...

Yeah! I'm glad the countdown is on! I'll keep checking in case she decides to make an early debut!