Friday, June 4, 2010

No News is NOT Good News

I didn't sleep last night because I was so anxious to get to my doctor's appointment this morning. I was hoping against hope that I had magically dilated to a 4 or 5 and that baby girl would be here in just a few days. But I knew in my heart that I had not made progress this week. I can't explain it, I just have felt the past few days that nothing is happening. And I was right.

I had made no progress since last week, still just a 1-2. So my cooked up plan of having her next Tuesday while my family is in town has all but up and vanished. I was so disappointed at first. Had to hear all of the usual statements from my Doctor and nurses as I waddled out of the office: "I've never had one stay in there forever yet..." & "Just think about how lucky you are to have even made it this far..." and "we're getting closer..." All of those things are very true but helped my feelings zero.

After a while of pouting and picturing at least another week of sleepless nights where I fight with multiple pillows to get comfortable, make 5 trips to the bathroom and have the 1:00 am sweats I finally snapped out of it. While I'm ready to see baby girl, I'm not rushing to go through labor and all that goes with it. A few more days of just me, Lowery and Steve is not a bad deal at all. And I am going to get to see my little ballet girl dance in her recital Monday and I'm very excited about that.

So, next up is a sonogram on Tuesday. We will check the baby's weight (she should be a good 8 1/2 pounds by now) and decide on a plan from there. And, yes - everyone please remind me that I prayed to go into labor naturally. Now I just need the patience to actually see that through! God knows when she's supposed to arrive and I will leave it up to him. Maybe. I might lose a little faith during those 1 am sweats but will try my best...

No comments: